Timeless style in fashion can be interpreted differently. Some say that there are certain styles that are considered classic or essential, especially those that were made popular by iconic figures in the fashion industry.
But for me, timeless style or clothing pieces are those that make you feel good about yourself and not about pleasing those around you.
My fashion style has always been on the radical side. I don’t always follow the trends especially if they do not define who I am as a person.
And as a woman, I feel that I have evolved a lot. I have changed through the different phases of my life.
Life’s experiences molded me into who and what I am today.
From a shy and insecure girl in elementary due constantly being tagged as tallest and the lankiest girl in the classroom, I can now confidently say that I am proud of who I am and I’m very comfortable with my own skin.
Something that I can attribute to maturity. The good thing about being an older woman is that you think less about what other people will say about you and more about what you want and need.
For me, timeless pieces are those that allow me to function in my different roles as a woman seamlessly and effectively.
A mom, a career woman and a wife.
I love clothes that let me move freely, be it to run after my daughter at school dismissal, go on a date with my husband straight after work, clothes that allow me to swiftly get into a cab during rush hours or those that I can wear running to the beach whenever I want to get away.
Timeless pieces for me also means something that’s within my budget and will last a long time.
I thrift, buy from friends and have no problem recycling and reusing clothes. I have always believed that it’s not what you’re wearing but how you wear it!
A lot of the clothes in my closet have been with me for over 10 years!
I guess it’s my way of pitching in to help mother nature cut down on the environmental cost of fashion industry. It’s cheaper this way, too!
I make sure to take care of my clothes so they last a long time and I don’t have to buy new ones unless I really have to.
There are so many ways to take care of our clothes. It’s just a matter of incorporating them into your daily routine.
Taking Care of Your Clothes – Tips from a thrifty mom
- Always wash clothes before storing as dirt and stain can can set into the fabric over time and this makes it harder to remove them
- If not worn often, store clothes in a well ventilated area; use silica gels or air them out once in a while if you keep them in a tight storage to prolong structure and integrity of the fabric
- Keep them away from moisture to avoid molds and to keep fabric from turning yellow
- Wash stains right away as soon as you can. It’s easier to remove dirt and stain if they are still fresh on the fabric
- Avoid using harsh detergents and bleach if possible. Not only do they hasten color fading bit they can also leave deposits on the fabric making them stiff and itchy on the skin
- Follow laundry instructions to get the best results and of course to prolong the life of your favorite clothes
Speaking of laundry, another thing that you can do is to use a washing machine that’s gentle on all types of fabric but tough on stain. Things to look for when choosing a washing machine:
- Can refresh and de-wrinkle your clothes during cycle so the fabric doesn’t get worn out
- Automatically adjusts the water, energy consumption, and washing time according to your load
- De-wrinkles your clothes by relaxing the fibers to reduce the need to iron
- Reduces allergens
- Saves you money and environment friendly
- Has deep cleaning function to get rid of stains and keeping clothes vibrant for longer
Electrolux washing machines can do all these to help you care for your classic pieces so they look newer and last longer.
And because it’s the season of giving, Electrolux is giving us the Electrolux Amazing Holideals where we can enjoy up to 25% discount and freebies! Make sure to check that out!
Ultimately, timeless style is something that only an individual can define. Do not just follow trends or buy something just because everybody’s wearing them. There are plenty of ways to reinvent your wardrobe, just unleash your creativity!
We are all unique and our uniqueness should be celebrated.
A family lifestyle blogger who left her corporate job in Cebu for a slower life in Iligan City, Philippines. Healthline – Best Mom Blogs 2017, ESCooped – Cebu’s Top Family Blogger 2016, Top 10 Blogs Voice Boks Comedy Edition, Bloggys 2015 – Finalist, Family and Relationships Category, featured on BlogHer.com and HumorWriters.org. Jhanis also works as a Freelance Writer/Content Creator and manages a small farm house decor business when she’s not taking naps.